Sunday, November 21, 2010

Christmas Crafts

I decided a few weeks ago to reclaim my Sundays as a day off. For hundreds of years, people took Sunday off. It's good for us. It really is!

So, for my day off today, I was trying to think about what I could do AWAY from the computer. I decided to work on my St. Nicholas cross stitch. That I've had for about 15 years. LOL.

I had barely pulled it out when dd saw it and asked if we could buy a Christmas cross-stitch for her. I decided that heading to Michaels for that did not break my "no work Sunday" because it was for recreation and not grocery shopping, work, etc.

Getting back, she needed to find her cross stitch hoop. That led us to the basement where I found other packages of Christmas crafts, including the materials for Temari balls. Here is a picture:





You can read more about them and find some free patterns here http://www.temarikai.com/ . We made some a few years back because somebody know had started up with them, made our first attempts--the oldest became so discouraged at it not being perfect, she decided to not make anymore :(--and haven't tried them again. I find myself torn: I would like to try one again, but I'm much more attached to the idea of making some significant progress on my cross stitch! But, maybe I'll make at least one, simply because one can be started and finished before Christmas, but the likelihood of me finishing the cross stitch before Christmas is pretty much nil.

No comments:

Post a Comment