Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Oh shucks, almost a week

And I was doing so well at blogging!

Since the last post, I've still been sick. I just can't shake this. My son has had symptoms even longer, so I guess that's just how it is.

School-wise, we're doing better. Most mornings--the ones I'm feeling well enough for--a minimum amount of work gets done and it's great. Dd has hit a point that she WANTS work now, it's part of her morning routine. (And she likes to boast how she doesn't like routines. ;) ) She finally finished the sheet on multiplying binomials and I've now introduced her to factoring trinomials. She was tired and fussy this morning (sounds funny to describe my 13yo that way), but gave it a shot anyhow.

I'm still having ds work on handwriting and math as his basic work in the morning. I do want to extend what they are working on, so I'll have to figure that out. To be honest, being sick, I'm so exhausted by the end of the day, I just can't even think.

Advent has started and I have not begun anything with them. Except the Advent calendar we have. It's like a mini wooden wardrobe, you open the doors and there are a bunch of drawers. You can mix them around to make the kids look for the number or just put them in order. I like to mix them. ;) Dd came rushing downstairs today--the first time I've seen her rush in the morning in AGES--eager to see what treat I had put in today's drawer. LOL. 13yo's still like their treats. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment