Monday, January 10, 2011

Can the brain have a Snow Day?

Places outside the city are declaring a Snow Day. We've had so much snow, and over the weekend, even school buses have a risk of getting stuck in the outlying areas.

I think my brain is having a Snow Day. lol. I was asleep by 10:30 last night, slept solid until about 4:30, then in and out until 5:30, got up, read, exercised, showered, all that, but here it is, just after 8:30am, and I'm ready for a nap!

Both my kids were still asleep after 7:30 this morning. That's surprising. I turned on their desk lamps. Dd woke up within a couple minutes, complaining she didn't feel well. Turned off her light. So much for starting today to get her on an earlier schedule. Ds slept and slept, so I finally turned off his light. He got up just after 8 on his own. That is late for him. 7am is usually his limit.

My 10yo nephew is with us today; he's not feeling great, although, honestly, he looks fine. Yes, a little under, but he could have gone to school. On the flip side, the schools don't want kids there with runny noses, so I guess he's abiding by school rules! Since my brain is snowed under, I have no work ready for my son and with nephew here, the two of them can spend the day chatting, playing, etc. And I can figure out what to prepare for him for later on or tomorrow.

That just leaves the 16yo, who doesn't usually get here until 9am. He's got a lot of work to do. I have printed off a mini-calendar page showing how he has 3 weeks to get all this work done, and I printed out a list of all the things he needs to get done. It will be a way for him to be aware of the time that is passing and how much he's getting done. He tends to avoid this kind of stuff because of the anxiety it creates. He will not reach his potential unless he starts working through the anxiety it creates and just get the stuff done. On the docket for today: math, physics, chem, environment and lots of social studies! Of course, this is assuming his dad is able to get out of their neighbourhood. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment