Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Life is just plain too busy

Or I'm trying to do too much. ;)

I know I haven't been blogging much. Life just seems to have too many things in it right now to deal with properly. I thought I'd give a bit of an update:

*The 16yo is horribly behind in all his work. I'm hoping he will be able to pass the courses, but if he doesn't, so be it. He will live the consequence of not working hard and failing and having to deal with all that comes with that!

*Ds has been making some progress with his math and handwriting. I still haven't managed to get him to do just regular writing, but I want his handwriting better.

*Dd has been too busy. She's showing signs of burnout, even though it's certainly not academic burnout. Confirmation prep, Pathfinders, ballet, selling cookies, doing this and that for each Confirmation meeting, volunteering, all the hectic chaos of the weekends recently...

*My 3yo niece still doesn't really speak to me. I can't say I've been consistent at presenting things to her and doing things with her. She goes off and does her own thing--until her older sister comes after school. Maybe I need to change things completely--just get her next to us and *there*.

Today, dd and I are not feeling well and the 16yo has been complaining a bit about his stomach and a horrible sleep last night. We've had many days of this sick-enough-to-be-a-pain-in-the-neck kind of illness, without it being so bad that we just need to go curl up somewhere. I am teaching a French class in an hour--need to finish prepping for that. One more class to go after today--that will help relieve some of the stuff-to-do in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment