Saturday, May 7, 2011

Well, I've done it

Instead of going to bed, I decided to try to find the Dear Canada series in French and see if there's something for boys. There *is* something for boys--with 3 books so far in the series--but I don't think they will be quite up my son's alley. They're about war and and a kind of violence that's not his cup of tea. ("A young soldier's gritty account of 'the bloodiest nine hours...'") He's fine with clear fiction--Star Wars, Avatar, etc.--but these... Hm...

I did find the Dear Canada series in French and made a request for the first book: Ma soeur orpheline . I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to assign. I'll have to spend some time reading up and refreshing my CM memory. Of course, I'm not sure where I'll find the time: I still haven't done my taxes, I have school receipts to put together and send in to our school board before the end of the month...

No comments:

Post a Comment