Saturday, January 7, 2012

Argh!

And yet, not argh. lol

I have spent some time this afternoon working out plans for my kids for next week. One of the things I wanted my dd to do was to get back into the novel study--The Mysterious Island (in French). I was trying to see if I could find some pre-made worksheets and the like and ended up discovering that our copy is ABRIDGED! ARGH!

A few things come to mind:

1) At least we didn't get too far into it.
2) It might explain why we weren't connecting with the story.
3) It gives us an excuse to do something else. :D
What is the something else we will do?

The Three Musketeers, I think. Unless I can find another Jules Verne book around here that she might be interested in. We do have Le Voyage au Centre de la Terre, but I'm working on it with ds. (Bedtime reading.) We might have something else. I could always give her a choice. That might be better. Les trois mousquetaires is large and complicated! lol. But it's a fantastic story.

I should see if I can find something else. So disappointed that I picked up an abridged copy without realizing it. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment