Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Hitting a Slump

There are homeschoolers out there who take a week-long break every so many weeks. I think we are naturally one of those. This week is our 8th week back and the second day in, not a whole lot of school work is getting done. It's always one of those things of: Do I just suck it up and at least get something done? Or do we just go, "Hey! Let's take a break!" Problem with taking breaks with my 14-year old is that it's hard to get him back off of breaks... If the school year is like the Montessori 3-hour work cycle, then when you hit the slumps, you just have to kind of break through in a different way, correct?

Yes, I'm just mumbling here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you. Having one of those days myself. We've been given SO MUCH free time with being snowed in at home - that we should have our household projects caught up AND at-home schooling ahead...

    Nope.

    ReplyDelete